Monday, September 28, 2015

Mini Mascarpone Raspberry Vanilla Cheesecakes

This recipe is taken from one of my old blog posts on my Teacher Ms H blog. I thought I would re-share it here to get things started and not have an empty blog. I wish I could redo the photo as the Mascarpone text you see over the pics is misspelled, but I made the photo on an iPhone photo app long ago. Unfortunately, my spell-checker and auto-correct don't speak much Italian. Lol.


I made these cute little no-bake mini-cheesecakes with an 8 oz. container of mascarpone, a sweet and creamy Italian cheese similar to cream cheese but not as thick as it resembles smooth ricotta. Mascarpone can be hard to find at some markets, but Trader Joe's does carry it. First I added half of one envelope of gelatin to 1/4 cup of cool water then added in 1/4 cup of warm water, stirring until dissolved.  (And if you can't find mascarpone just use a regular 8 oz block of cream cheese.)  Next I added 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and stirred again. After that, I combined this concoction with the mascarpone in a mixing bowl using my blender on low speed, until thoroughly combined. Next I chilled while they chilled in their cute little Keebler mini graham crusts in the fridge for 2 hours. By the way, this recipe makes exactly enough for the six mini crusts that come packaged. After pulling them out of the fridge, I topped them with fresh sliced raspberries. Mmmm! These were so rich in flavor and way creamier than regular cheesecake. Also tested and approved by my biggest fan. I hope you enjoy my first recipe post here!
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment